Creating an inspirational neighbourhood.
Coin Street is a social enterprise working in Waterloo and North Southwark, London SE1. From a derelict site in 1984, we have created a thriving, diverse, vibrant and welcoming ‘mixed use’ neighbourhood – a place for people to live, work and play.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and driven individual to take forward Coin Street’s housing strategy to ensure that it is high quality, resident-focused and effective in delivering Coin Street’s overall objectives. You will have a strong housing background and understanding of the regulatory and political landscape, able to give balanced, sound advice and guidance on strategic and operational issues. You will have excellent customer service skills and be used to developing positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. The successful candidate will be a member of the senior operations team responsible for managing and developing budgets. This is an opportunity to become part of an innovative, high profile, social enterprise based in the centre of London.
Coin Street has successfully developed 220 award-winning co-operative homes on social rents, housing over 1000 people and making a significant contribution to the housing landscape of Waterloo and North Southwark. We champion co-operative housing without the ‘right to buy’. We will be creating more co-op homes for those who can afford ‘intermediate’ rents, to be allocated to people working in and for our community. A nursing home is planned as part of the permanent development of Gabriel’s Wharf.
Income that we generate is invested in the neighbourhood. It is used to improve and maintain our assets including managing and maintaining Bernie Spain Gardens and the riverside walkway, providing a range of programmes and activities for local people.
In return we can offer you:
- 27 days’ annual leave (excluding bank holidays) pro rata for part time staff
- 9% employer pension contribution
- Season ticket loan
- Health and wellbeing package including free gym membership and a confidential employee assistance programme
- Commitment to training and development
To apply, please submit an up to date CV. Once your application has been received and screened, you will be asked to complete and return a Supporting Questions form which will be emailed directly to you. We are unable to take candidates to interview if their application is not accompanied by the supporting questions form. An equal opportunities form will also be requested, but this is optional. Closing date for applications is 12noon Monday 1 July 2019.
Coin Street Community Builders strives to be an equal opportunities organisation and all staff are expected to share this commitment.
Our values are:
• Creative: By looking for solutions rather than problems I will find better ways of doing things
• Collaborative: By respecting the views of others we will learn, grow and achieve more together
• Committed: I do what I say I am going to do and do the best job I can.
The 3 Cs are lived by all staff at CSCB. You will be expected to demonstrate your understanding of the behaviours associated with these values during the recruitment process
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Tenant services Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)