Homeownership Services Officer
Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Homeownership Services Officer – Homeownership Team, Housing Directorate
Hindle House, Banbury
£29,792 per annum (rising to £31,360 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
About the role
We are looking for a Homeownership Services Officer who will be responsible for delivering a responsive and customer focused service to homeowners and internal colleagues alike. In this office based role, you will be part of a small team who provide specialist knowledge and expertise regarding all aspects of issues affecting homeowners’ properties. For example: repairs to communal and shared areas, alteration consent, service charge information, leasehold information and our obligations in relation to service provisions. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the future satisfaction of homeowners, and develop your housing management experience.
Experience in interpreting leases and transfers, or similar, is an important element in this role and you will be required to provide advice and guidance to internal customers as well as homeowners. You will be required to provide clear explanations and responses to enquiries and your excellent communication skills, will be pivotal in your pursuit to provide a positive experience to a diverse group of customers. You will have strong knowledge of property issues affecting homeowners, as well as the ability to manage your own workload and work with limited supervision.
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We are driven by our values - ambition, diversity, integrity, quality and sustainability. In all that we do and every decision we make, we use our values to guide us. We look for people who share our values and can demonstrate them through their behaviour.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the detailed job role profile, please click here
Closing Date: 3 July 2019
Previous applicants need not apply
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Sales / Lettings Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Banbury
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent in Banbury