Support Worker - Shenleybury Villas
Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
Wecurrently manage over 6,000 homes and employs over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals who enjoy working with young people and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team you will support young asylum seekers and refugees. You will be responsible for managing a small and diverse caseload of young people providing targeted support to enable them to access educational opportunities, healthcare services; live well in their accommodation and develop independent living skills.
You will use your initiative and decision making skills on a regular basis, developing support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
We are looking for dynamic, flexible and committed individuals with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference. Ideally you will have experience in housing, social care or youth work and some knowledge and understanding of supporting young people through the asylum system , although this is not essential.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people.
Applicants must be able to drive and have access to a car.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £21,216 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
How to Apply
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Karen Underwood - (Between the hours of 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday) on 07393466729.
Please see below for a copy of the Support Worker job description.
Closing date: Sunday 14th July 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 23rd July 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Radlett
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Radlett
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Radlett
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Radlett
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Radlett