Interim Asset and Capital Works Manager
We are currently recruiting for our leading and progressive RSL client for an interim Asset and Capital Works Manager to deliver an annual programme of major repairs, assess the condition, utility value and monetary value of housing assets.
Up to £290 per day with long term permanent opportunities of £45k plus salary
- To lead, direct and manage Asset and Capital Works and Leasehold Management Teams.
- Plan and deliver major repair and cyclical maintenance programmes.
- Drafting and controlling budgets for major repairs and planned maintenance expenditure with a value of £16 to £20M per annum.
- Lead on the development of leasehold services to achieve continuous improvement and compliance with legislation.
- Ensure all projects are managed and delivered in accordance with the terms and conditions of contracts, construction design and management regulations, Contract Procedure Rules and section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act.
- Commissioning and managing construction-related building professionals including consultants and contractors.
- Designing and preparing specifications for tenders, formulating budget estimates and scheme costs, seeking approval where required and raising orders for work.
- Reconciling and settling final accounts and valuations, dealing with contractual disputes, extensions of time and variations, issuing relevant certification as appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications
- Experience of maintaining stock condition survey data and using stock data to plan investment programmes.
- Budget preparation and cost control of repair programmes worth in excess of £10M per annum.
- Experience of planning, costing, procuring and managing major repair, improvement and cyclical redecoration projects.
- Working knowledge of health and safety legislation including CDM.
- Working knowledge of term contracts and partnering agreements
- Working knowledge of the Decent Homes Standard and energy rating systems such as SAP.
- Working knowledge of section 20 of the Landlord and Tenant Act, consultation processes, service charge accounting and reserve funds.
- Knowledge of EU procurement rules.
- Property or construction related qualification
- Professional membership (Desirable)
- NEBOSH qualification (Desirable)
If you are already working for a social housing provider or have had exposure to assisting in the production and delivery of asset management and major works for residential portfolios this role would be a strong fit for you.
Please apply with your most recent CV. To discuss this and other similar roles across the South East and London, please contact Matthew Mullin on 0207 478 2526.