Assistant Development Manager
Assistant Development Manager
Lancaster Way, Ely
£43,735 per annum (rising to £46,037 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated individual to help deliver the organisations ambition for building new homes for a variety of tenures. This is a growing programme that will offer an unrivalled opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge and experience.
The role of Assistant Development Manager will include:
- Robust management of projects from land identification to completed homes
- Supporting the management of projects throughout the project lifecycle through effective organisation and control of resources
- Resolving issues in a timely manner and efficiently to achieve agreed objectives in line with development strategies and business plans
- Managing relationships with partners, consultants, contractors and customers
- Contributing to internal reports, to ensure accurate programme management
- Identifying new development opportunities to support Business Plan objectives
Skills and experiences:
- Considerable experience of managing development projects
- HND in Building or Construction or relevant qualification
- Excellent knowledge of building regulations, legislation and current practice, including practical application of Health and Safety legislation
- Proven experience of producing progress reports and management information
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to build rapport and develop productive and effective relationships with key partners and stakeholders
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate in MS Office suite, SAP and Appraisal tools
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 23 July 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Administration Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Business development Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Ely