Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Kingsmead Way, Hackney, London – Covering London and South East
£30,482 per annum (rising to £32,086 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week, Monday to Friday – 8.00am – 4.30pm
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Multi-Trade Operative to join our Planned Maintenance team based in Hackney. You will form part of a large team, working across London and the South East on repair and refurbishment works on both occupied and void properties. You will carry out construction, fault fixing and maintenance repairs, completing all jobs to a high standard and ensuring health and safety compliance at all times.
Your previous multi-trade experience combined with your excellent customer service skills and high attention to detail will be key to your success. You will have primary skills in at least three trades including plastering, plumbing, carpentry, painting and decoration, tiling and vinyl floor fitting would be desirable but are not essential. You will have the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise workload and plan ahead. This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence. A company vehicle will be provided for use to travel to and from your home and place of work.
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are driven by our values - ambition, diversity, integrity, quality and sustainability. In all that we do and every decision we make, we use our values to guide us. We look for people who share our values and can demonstrate them through their behaviour.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 17 July 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent in London (Central)