Resident Involvement Officer
We're looking for someone who is passionate about giving residents a voice at Optivo. This role will provide a variety of ways for residents to be involved informally within the Midlands region. You'll encourage and enable residents to influence and improve the business.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing and providing a range of informal resident involvement activities for the Midlands region
- Supporting residents to set up residents' associations
- Delivering events, focus groups and other consultation exercises, aimed at involving a wide range of residents
- Recruiting new residents for formal resident governance groups
- Providing advice to other teams in the organisation, running their own resident involvement initiatives.
You'll work with a range of residents, colleagues and stakeholders, so a positive approach to team working is essential.
We're looking for someone with the following skills / experience:
- Experience of listening to resident / customer views
- Experience of facilitating meetings, events and focus groups
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to empathise, listen carefully and build trust with customers.
- Further essential criteria can be found near the end of the job description.
- This role will be based in Northampton and will cover East and West Midlands. Regular travel will be a requirement of this role
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to private medical and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.
We look forward to receiving your application.
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.