Service Development Assistant
Sanctuary Scotland manages rented and shared ownership homes across the country, including Glasgow, Cumbernauld and Dundee. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Service Development Assistant – Part time
Freeland Drive, Glasgow
£11,269 per annum (rising to £11,862 after 12 months service, subject to satisfactory performance)
18.75 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association is one of the country’s largest social landlords. We provide around 6,500 quality affordable homes for rent and sale to those least able to compete in other sectors of the housing market.
We strive to ensure our investments provide sustainable benefits to the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit organisation any surpluses we achieve are reinvested in our homes and neighbourhoods. Our Investors in People accreditation shows Sanctuary Scotland’s commitment to being the best employer we can.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Service Development Assistant to join our Policy and Equalities Team which supports local operational staff in Scotland and central services across the Group to deliver better outcomes for tenants and improve performance. You will be working within a small team which has a significant role in delivering small and large scale projects. You will receive full training, on-going support and opportunities to develop. If you are highly motivated, with a keen eye for detail and a willingness to progress, this could be the role for you.
The role of Assistant Housing Officer will include:
- Dealing with Policy and Procedure reviews and assisting with drafting and updating policies and procedures
- Contributing to researching internal/external data relating to Equality Impact Assessments, providing recommendations on how to improve service delivery and outcomes for persons with protected characteristics
- Taking part in testing new/changed computer system functionality
- Ad hoc tasks to support performance improvement and better outcomes for staff and customers. This includes assisting with quality audits and resident involvement initiatives
- Reviewing performance and completing research to adopt best practice
- Responding to requests for optimising internal processes as part of improving the Scotland operating model
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and customer care skills
- Ability to work on own initiative, with fast changing requirements
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workloads with good presentation skills
- Experience of producing & analysing quality statistical information is desirable but not essential
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word and Excel, PowerPoint (or similar)
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent salary for this role is £22,539 per annum based on 37.5 hours per week
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure Scotland check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association Limited, a charity registered in Scotland No. SC024549, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent in Glasgow