Sanctuary Scotland manages rented and shared ownership homes across the country, including Glasgow, Cumbernauld and Dundee. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Fleming House, Cumbernauld
£30,921 per annum (rising to £32,548 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday – 9.00am – 5.00pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association is one of the country’s largest social landlords. We provide around 6,500 quality affordable homes for rent and sale to those least able to compete in other sectors of the housing market.
We strive to ensure our investments provide sustainable benefits to the communities we serve. As a not-for-profit organisation any surpluses we achieve are reinvested in our homes and neighbourhoods. Our Investors in People accreditation shows Sanctuary Scotland’s commitment to being the best employer we can.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Housing Officer to join our team based in Cumbernauld. As a key member of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring that quality housing management services are delivered to our residents, with a focus on making a real difference to their lives. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding. If you are highly motivated, work well within a busy environment and have a commitment to providing excellent customer service, this could be the role for you.
The role of Housing Officer will include:
- Delivering a high quality housing management service that meet our current and future resident needs
- Developing, building and maintaining strong working relationships with tenants, partners and key stakeholders of the business
- Identifying shortfalls in service delivery and putting plans of resolution into place
- Managing the recruitment, performance and development of staff to ensure business needs are met
- Ensuring compliance with all legislative and regulatory requirements for all housing management activities
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience of tenancy and estate management is desirable but not essential
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to challenging situations
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), or similar
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- Criminal records checks are funded by Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 24 July 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A standard Disclosure Scotland check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association Limited, a charity registered in Scotland No. SC024549, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow