Painter and Decorator
Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Painter and Decorator
Freeland Drive, Glasgow
£21,719 per annum with an additional policy allowance of £1,628 per annum (rising to £22,862 with an additional policy allowance of £1,714 per annum after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Painter and Decorator to join our Planned Maintenance team based in Glasgow. In this role you will be part of a small team, working across the West Central region, completing a variety of tasks including wallpapering and painting. You will be carrying out cyclical and internal painting work on our properties. You will be contacting tenants to arrange appointments, preparing and completing all jobs to a high standard, ensuring Health and Safety compliance at all times. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills through the relevant and up to date training that will be provided.
Your recent experience within the trade combined with your excellent customer service and communication skills will be crucial to your success. You will have a familiarity with both external and internal painting products and materials with the ability to work to deadlines, prioritise workload and plan ahead. Experience of social and private housing sector would be advantageous. This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence.
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We are driven by our values - ambition, diversity, integrity, quality and sustainability. In all that we do and every decision we make, we use our values to guide us. We look for people who share our values and can demonstrate them through their behavior.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 24 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 24 July 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent in Glasgow