Housing Grants Officer
We are looking for a hardworking and dedicated individual to process Disabled Facilities Grants, along with any other type of housing grant the Council may offer. Ideally we are looking for someone who has excellent knowledge and understanding of housing construction, with attention to detail and a caring and compassionate outlook. A fair but firm approach is often required to ensure the grant projects progress smoothly and deliver the necessary adaptations to enable our residents to remain safely at home.
An excellent communicator is a must as the post holder liaises with a wide range of people during the grant process including occupational therapists, architects, contractors and residents.
You will be responsible for assessing and deciding if a property can be adapted to provide the necessary facilities for the disabled occupant, based upon the recommendation of an Occupational Therapist referral. You will be required to produce clear and detailed schedules of work and simple plans for cases. The ability to understand detailed and sometimes complex architect’s plans and schedules of work is a necessity.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience in:
- Working in a housing or construction related discipline
- Undertaking detailed housing inspections and preparing schedules of work
- Checking construction work for defects
- Use of computerised software systems, including word, excel, outlook.
The ideal candidate would be someone who:
- Has good planning, organisational and communication skills
- The ability to maintain clear and concise records
- The ability to make considered decisions
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Has good customer care skills
What you need to know:
The post holder must be able to undertake site inspections
This is a re-advertisement, previous applicants need not apply.
Should you wish to have an informal chat, please contact Sarah North on 0115 917 3092
Please quote reference no. H45