Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Lancaster Way, Ely – covering Ely and Cambridgeshire
£32,895 per annum (rising to £34,626 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday and call out rota
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
This is a great opportunity for a domestic A.C.S qualified Gas Engineer/Installer to join our expanding Gas team, part of our Internal Maintenance Service, covering the East region. You will be part of a team who provide an effective Gas Operations service to meet contract and customer needs including gas installation, servicing and commissioning. Although this role will be predominantly based around gas installation, this will also include engineering duties for servicing and maintenance.
The role of Gas Installer will include:
- Responsible for the installation and commissioning of gas central heating systems, open vented and room sealed, in addition to unvented hot water systems
- Undertaking allocated repairs, modernisation and other associated works within agreed timescales
- Utilising analytical and trade skills to diagnose faults and deliver effective solutions to customers
- Working within our tenants properties across the region
Skills and experiences:
- It is essential that you are technically competent and will possess Level 3 qualifications or equivalent in Natural Gas together with recent experience of working in a similar position
- An understanding and ability to install different heating systems and controls including S-Plans, Y-Plans etc. with associated wiring
- Knowledge of current gas regulations, together with experience of working to strict deadlines is essential
- Recent experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions
- Ability to work independently using your own initiative
- An unvented hot water and Part P electrical is desirable
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including: A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary, Criminal records checks are funded by Sanctuary, at least 24 days paid holiday (plus public holidays), health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme, a variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers, tax efficient saving through our Cycle to Work Scheme, and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 25 July 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Revenues / benefits Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely