Senior Maintenance Surveyor
We’re looking to recruit a Senior Maintenance Surveyor in Sussex to support the Day-to-Day and Void teams. This is an exciting opportunity to become involved as we continue to develop Property Services. You’ll be pivotal in liaising with residents, colleagues and contractors to help us shape and improve the services we provide.
If you joined us your duties will include:
- Supervising and managing staff
- Delivering a day to day and void repairs service
- Meeting all statutory, regulatory and health safety requirements
- Budget management
- Performance management
- Acting as lead officer for external and internal contracts
- Providing a high level of customer service to residents, colleagues and contractors
- Technical guidance, defect diagnosis, undertaking a range of property surveys, preparation of specifications and schedule of works for tender.
You’ll need to:
- Be a qualified and experienced property professional
- Have a good understanding of buildings, contract law, legislation and finance
- Have strong contract management and monitoring skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to manage a busy workload
- Be self-motivated
- Have a methodical approach to organising and prioritising work
- Use a variety of IT packages
- Be brilliant at delivering the OPTIVO CORE values.
As you will be working with a range of residents and colleagues, a positive approach to team working is essential
You must have access to transport to attend meetings/events or carry out visits to our residents’ homes
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.