Assistant Property Manager (Part-time)
The Property division is responsible for all our property management. This includes strategic asset management, project management of large-scale refurbishment, setting standards and managing quality, and contract management of key suppliers.
The way that we look after our properties is crucial to our relationships with our residents and customers. We want to continually improve our services and provide focus on the performance of our properties and how we manage the homes that our residents live in.
Our Assistant Property Managers are the visible face of One Housing and have excellent property and people skills.
- Assist in the ensuring that One Housing properties are maintained to a high standard and in accordance with all compliance requirements.
- Conduct regular estate inspections, raising outstanding matters - including communal repairs, cleaning and gardening - to relevant teams and ensuring swift and effective resolution.
- Provide an excellent customer focused professional management service to residents, ensuring our landlord obligations are met.
- Assist the Property Manager’s to ensure that work carried out on our properties is completed to an acceptable standard, within budget and timescales.
- Explain standard service charge budgets to residents, with the support of the Property Manager if necessary.
- Working with the Property Manager’s on liaising with residents and One Housing colleagues to resolve communal issues
- Supporting the reporting of the performance of properties and maintenance so that the Property division can fully understand the performance within our portfolio.
- Deliver day to day operations, maintenance and inspections of the properties in your designated area.
- Develop and maintain constructive and collaborative working relationships with peers, employees, residents and clients to achieve successful outcomes.
- Educated to GCSE level (or equivalent) including passes in GCSE English and Maths or the ability to operate at that level of his role
- Property management experience including managing blocks in mixed tenure environment
- An understanding of the legal aspects of leasehold law and regulations, or the ability to quickly get such an understanding
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of relevant Landlord and Tenant Act, RICS and ARMA guidelines, regulations and procedures, keeping informed of any amendments and best practice on disseminating residential block property management advice.
- Experience of managing and supporting landlord compliance
- Knowledge of building and health & safety legislation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate across the organisation
- Basic working knowledge in building maintenance systems.
- Excellent ability to build good relationships internally and externally
- Ability to use own initiative and judgement and to work collaboratively
- Organised with the ability to plan & prioritise work against deadlines
We want to support our colleagues to live well, through our offer of Benefits and Recognition, and by focusing on your Wellbeing.
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £25 000 (Pro Rata)
- Annual leave – 28 days + 8 bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire
- Asset management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire
- Project management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire
- Sales / Lettings Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Berkshire