This 29 bed hostel provides 24-hour specialist, intensive support to some of Bedford’s most vulnerable people so they can they break the cycle of homelessness. By giving targeted and supported accommodation, local people with complex needs will be able to take steps towards long term independence. The scheme also offers a ‘move on’ service for those who have been helped by the complex needs element, to make sure people don’t return to a cycle of homelessness.
- Provide line management, supervision and appraisal to Support staff within the service.
- Ensure regular team meetings are held and staff are informed about the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Hold day to day responsibility for rota cover and staff deployment.
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate induction, training and development opportunities.
- Participate in the training of staff as required.
- Performance management including setting targets, monitoring and taking action to address any performance issues.
- Ensure staff are empowered to take responsibility and to work in a way that is imaginative and responsive to the needs of customers.
- Any other duties required
Salary: £28,000 – 30,000 per annum
Working hours: 8AM – 4PM, 9AM – 5PM, Mon – Fri
- Knowledge of the Housing Sector
- Experience of producing performance indicators that measure business activities for senior executives
- Knowledge and understanding of up to date legislation and government frameworks relevant to the customer group. e,g. CQC
- Sound knowledge and understanding of issues affecting individuals relevant to the customer group
- Good knowledge of safeguarding procedures for adults and children
- Knowledge of resettlement and housing issues for people with support needs including welfare benefits
- Previous experience working with the homeless
If you think this is the right move for you please click apply now to start your path to a new career today!