We have an opportunity for a Building Surveyor to join our team in London- Sutton's Wharf, moving to Camden later on in the year.
This role is to carry out detailed surveys and drawing up specifications for the Group's residential and commercial assets, identifying and resolving property related risks and managing property reinvestment projects using a variety of contractor based procurement models.
This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
• Identifying and resolving property related risks, putting controls in place, and ensuring those controls are maintained. • Carrying out detailed surveys and drawing up specifications of work for One Housing Group’s residential and commercial assets.
• Managing property reinvestment projects using a variety of contractor based procurement models in One Housing Group’s housing stock.
• Manage and supervise contracts and directly employed Construction Industry Scheme personnel on site, acting as contract administrator or client representative under JCT, Term Tender and in house One Direct Limited forms of contract.
• Produce feasibility studies and reports to provide justification for reinvestment in One Housing Group’s stock.
• Assist with option appraisals and sustainability reviews for individual or groups of One Housing Group’s properties.
• Ensure that One Direct Maintenance Limited and One Housing Group complies with all relevant legislation and that you and assigned contractors operate in accordance with policies, procedures, Health and Safety guidance, financial regulations and other relevant processes.
Skills & experience
• Must have Building Surveying experience
• Good standard of education
• Experience of working with contractors and sub-contractors
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong customer service focus
• Demonstrable track record in meeting targets and objectives
• Knowledge of asset management databases
Benefits and next steps
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £35,000 circa
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
To begin your career with One Housing, and begin to make a real difference to the lives of thousands of people; Apply Now!
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Consultant £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Surveying Consultant £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Consultant £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Planning Consultant £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)