This role is to carry out detailed surveys and drawing up specifications for the Group's residential and commercial assets, identifying and resolving property related risks and managing property reinvestment projects using a variety of contractor based procurement models.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Carrying out asbestos surveys and re-inspections in a variety of social housing contexts. Taking samples and obtaining laboratory test results. Oversee and administrate asbestos removal where appropriate and ensuring the Asbestos Register is regularly and accurately updated.
• Produce detailed specifications and tender documents for repairs, planned improvements and corrective works in line with current regulation and legislation
• Procure works contracts to achieve Value for Money, efficiency and best practice in line with the Group's tendering procedures
• Manage and supervise contracts and directly employed personnel on site, acting as contract administrator or client representative under various forms of contract
• Deliver allocated projects to time, quality and budget, whilst ensuring a high quality of work output and customer satisfaction levels
• Produce feasibility studies and reports to provide suitable justification for the reinvestment in the Group's stock
• Assist with option appraisals and sustainability reviews for the Group's properties as required
• Provide professional advice and expertise on major works as required
• Ensure that the Group complies with all relevant legislation and best practice/processes
• Must have Asbestos Surveying experience
• Good standard of education
• Good levels of IT skills and literacy
• Experience of working with contractors and sub-contractors
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strong customer service focus
• Demonstrable track record in meeting targets and objectives
• Effective communication skills
Must hold BOHS P402 qualification with experience of working as a lead surveyor
Annual leave – 28 Days plus bank holidays
• Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
• Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
• Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
• Season ticket loans
• A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
• Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
• One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
• Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
• Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
To begin your career with One Housing, and begin to make a real difference to th
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Consultant £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Surveying Consultant £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Consultant £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Planning Consultant £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)