Income Recovery Administrator
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £82 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
We currently have an opportunity for a part time (17.5 hours a week) Income Recovery Administrator to join our dedicated team.
Working as part of the Income Recovery team, you will provide a highly professional, customer-focused, income recovery service to Hightown`s residents.
The successful candidate will:
- Monitor rent accounts, ensuring appropriate action is taken to deal with arrears of rent and charges
- Minimising current tenant debt and meeting Hightown`s income collection targets
- Knowledge and understanding of welfare benefits is desirable, with a background gained in debt recovery essential
You will be self-motivated, with a commitment to improving our services and working collaboratively with colleagues.
The contracted hours of work will be 10:30am until 2:00pm, Monday to Friday. You will be required to have some flexibility for training or to meet the needs of the business but if this is the case you will be given advanced notice.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package.
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £11,349 pa for a 17.5 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing Date: Monday 29th July 2019
Interview Date: Wednesday 7th August 2019
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.