Senior Governance Officer
Senior Governance Officer
£38,127 per annum (rising to £40,134 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Senior Governance Officer will join the Governance and Company Secretarial team within the wider Corporate Services function. The team is responsible for providing company secretarial services to the Group, as well as supporting board and committee meetings, ensuring that high quality governance frameworks are in place and that the Group is compliant with current regulatory and legal requirements.
The role of Senior Governance Officer will include:
- Managing the provision of high quality governance advice and services and maintaining key governance documents
- Managing the servicing of the Group’s Boards and Committees, including drafting and overseeing the preparation of board agendas, reports and minutes
- Managing and developing effective systems and processes to support good governance and ensure regulatory and legal compliance
- Supporting with the development and creation of training materials and board member succession planning processes to ensure the Group’s strong and effective governance framework
- Managing a team, providing guidance and support and promoting the development of staff
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure any shortfalls in service delivery are identified and dealt with appropriately
Skills and experiences:
- Recent experience in a similar role within a corporate environment with a complex company structure
- Proven experience of staff and project management is essential
- Completed or working towards an ICSA qualification
- Good working knowledge of housing regulation, legislation and current practices
- Comprehensive experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions
- Experience of report and policy writing is essential
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications with working knowledge of Blueprint software is desirable
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 30 July 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.