Care Assistant - Manor View
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for two full time (37.5 hours per week) Care Assistant at an adapted home providing residential care for eight individuals with learning disabilities some of whom also have physical disabilities, in Manor View, Stevenage.
We are looking for caring, enthusiastic people who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Care Assistant is to:
- Provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs, within their own home, and also in the wider community
- Support the individual`s with their personal care needs, at mealtimes, in social activities, attending appointments, support with maintaining their health and well-being, promoting skills and involvement including shopping and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning and support in any other areas of their daily living
- Follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs
- Support their aspirations and maximises their independence
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity
- Take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £81 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Care Assistant please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Care Assistant job description.
Closing date: Thursday 1st August 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFER jobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFER jobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search