Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
High Road, Wood Green, London
£26,566 per annum (rising to £27,964 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an opportunity for a Team Secretary to join the London and South East Housing Operations team base. The team delivers housing management services to approximately 11,000 homes across the North London region. Supporting the management team and working within a fast paced environment, you will put your coordination and resolution skills to good use. Communicating with a range of Sanctuary contacts and external stakeholders, you’ll play an active role of investigating to ensure queries are resolved in a timely manner. This opportunity would be perfect for a professional individual with strong organisational skills, seeking a challenging yet rewarding role.
The role of Team Secretary will include:
- Coordinating correspondence such as letters, emails, reports and briefs
- Monitoring, processing and collating information from reports, databases and spreadsheets to ensure compliance against agreed targets
- Liaising through a range of platforms with key contacts, ensuring a robust support function is provided
- General administrative tasks to include; meeting preparation, ordering, purchasing and internal post activities
- Supporting management by investigating and responding to queries and complaints and escalating where required
Skills and experiences:
- Ability to multi task and effectively prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Recent experience within a similar role is essential e.g. Coordinator, Secretary, Administration Officer
- Excellent interpersonal skills allowing you to build strong working relationships
- A proactive working nature with the ability to work on your own initiative
- NVQ Level 3 qualification within a relevant area would be desirable e.g. Business Administration or Customer Service
- Intermediate working knowledge of computer systems and packages e.g. Microsoft Office and SAP
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 1 August 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity..
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (North)
- Administration Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (North)
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (North)
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in London (North)
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent in London (North)