Health and Safety Business Advisor
Health and Safety Business Advisor
Worcester/ Flexible dependent on candidate’s location
£32,280 per annum (rising to £33,978 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) plus Company car
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Health and Safety Business Advisor will be part of a team of 4 covering Sanctuary Maintenance and Assets teams across England and Scotland. The team provides health and safety support and guidance to the operational teams to ensure compliance.
The role of Health and Safety Business Advisor will include:
- Advising, providing guidance and interpretation of Health and Safety legislations for operational maintenance and asset teams
- Developing documentation, ensuring ease of use and relevancy for operational teams
- Creating and supporting risk assessments and safe systems of work
- Attending properties and areas to complete inspections and audits of operational maintenance teams
- Promoting, monitoring and reporting on health and safety activities across the maintenance and asset teams.
Skills and experiences:
- National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) Certificate – General or Construction or equivalent Health and Safety qualification
- Experience and knowledge around statutory compliance including asbestos, legionella; Gas safety
- Experience in advising on the control of contractors; risk assessments and safe systems of work/method statements
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation including current and future issues
- Proven experience of identifying problems and solutions; undertaking investigations; inspections and audits
- Communication and written report writing skills
- Experience of computer systems (Word/Excel/PowerPoint; Incident and Audit recording systems)
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 2 August 2019
Interviews to commence 2nd September 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.