Peabody is looking for an apprentice to support an experienced Handy Person to carry out a range of painting and decorating and general maintenance jobs including:
- Painting and decorating
- Replacing existing light shades, tubes, bulbs and fuses
- Fitting smoke alarms (battery-operated only)
- Installing doorbells
- Bleeding radiators
- Assembling flat-packed furniture
- Fitting/changing locks
- Fitting curtain rails and shelves
- Putting hooks on walls, hanging mirrors and pictures
- Moving and assembling small pieces of furniture
- Cosmetic repairs to paintwork, varnish and wallpaper
- Fitting towel rails
- Simple draught-proofing
- Assistance with moving small pieces of furniture
- Installing washing machines into existing pipework (depending on weight of machine)
- Clearing guttering and waste pipes
- Gardening/garden clearance
- Assembling sheds
- Replacing taps
- Fitting a key safe
Ensure the provision of excellent customer services to all stakeholders in order to maximise customer satisfaction.
Participate in training to develop a wide range of skills within the handy service function
Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety regulations and procedures
Give and receive feedback on work performance with manager
Follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace. You may be required to undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties
Complete all internal and external training needs such as asbestos, working at heights and COSHH Training.
Complete Maintenance Operations Level 2 apprenticeship training
- Willingness to learn new skills and be flexible in your approach.
- Ability to communicate sensitively with a wide range of people.
- Awareness of health and safety and risk related issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Practical DIY skills
- Available for an immediate start
- A-D /4-9 grade in Maths and English equivalent to a level 1 qualification