An exciting opportunity has come up for an Employment Broker to join the Employment & Training Team.
You will provide excellent front line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure our customers’ needs are met and the departmental/team objectives are achieved. Engaging with local employers and partners to source job vacancies and customers.
You will develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to support our customers, assess customers’ needs to ensure effective service delivery and to advise and support our customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed and proactive resolutions are identified.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
Role Specific Skills/Experience:
- Experience of working and progressing unemployed people into work
- Ability to provide information, advice and guidance and set SMART objectives
- Experience of producing quality CV’s and cover letters
- Experience of working directly with employers and employment agencies to provide job brokerage and recruitment support
- Good understanding of Welfare Benefits
- NVQ Level 3 Information, Advice and Guidance and/or Job Brokerage (or above)
- NVQ Level 2 (GCSE grade 4 / C or above) English
The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.