Day Care Apprentice
- To ensure that physical and emotional support needs of day care members are met.
- To be aware of all emergency procedure.
- To be familiar with a working understanding of the key working system and client care planning
- To work as part of the day care and wider Sundial Centre Team assist in maintaining the day centre environment.
- Positive feedback from internal and external colleagues about collaborative working. including all of the Sundial team and services
- To support and participate in relevant day care activities.
- To attend to minor accidents, administer appropriate first aid and maintain accurate records as necessary.
- To participate in training to develop a wide range of skills.
- To prioritise work and study
- To follow Peabody Health and Safety policies and procedures to ensure, as far as is practicable, your own safety and that of others in the workplace.
- To undertake specific Health and Safety roles such as Fire Warden or First Aider as part of your duties as required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and be flexible in your approach.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Strong interest in a career within Health and Social Care especially with older people
- Ability to adapt, work under pressure and deal with emergency situations should they arise
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Effective working relationships with others
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Strong approach to teamwork and the ability to collaborate and step-up when required to help the organisation achieve its mission.
- Maths and English GCSE at Grade 4 and above (A-C grade)
Please Note: This role is restricted to residents living in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets.