Senior Litigation Solicitor (FTC Sept 2020 - Two days a week)
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Solicitor to work on a part-time basis 2 days a week, to be responsible for the day to day management and development of the area/department and its employees by setting, reviewing, monitoring and improving the targets and activities carried out thereby ensuring that business objective are met. To work as part of the Legal Services team to provide a comprehensive in-house legal service to internal customers primarily on all aspects of landlord and tenant law, including but not limited to property litigation, general property and land law and to develop expertise in other areas of law and provide advise and support as required by the Group from time to time.
- Ability to work independently, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity.
- Proven attention to deal and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Willingness to increase and share professional knowledge to build capacity and capability within the Governance, Legal compliance and Risk teams
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Curiosity and interest in different aspects of business and operations
- Empathy with Peabody's vision as a charity and social housing provider
- A minimum of 6 years PQE experience relevant to the Legal, Governance Regulatory, Compliance and Risk work of the team.
- Experience of interpreting and analysing information and identifying action required
- Experience of forming and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.