Strategic Asset Manager
Vacancy: Strategic Asset Manager
Salary: £45,000 - £50,785
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
A vacancy has arisen within the Property Services Team for a Strategic Assets Manager. The role will report to the Head of Property Services and the main duties of the role are to:
- Develop and implement the Trust’s asset management plans and strategy
- Develop financial models, perform financial/asset management analyses and recommend appropriate strategies and capital requirements for assets
- Create asset performance indicators and use the information to drive strategic recommendations at both property and estate level in line with the Asset Management Strategy and wider business objectives; ensuring that the value of the asset portfolio is optimised
- Provide strategic advice to support the implementation of, and adherence to, effective asset management principles across the organisation
- Lead on the Trust’s stock review meetings
- Develop recommendations related to portfolio profile, deployment and redeployment, acquisition, disposal or retirement of specific major assets
- Review of the existing appraisal process
- Ensure that robust policies and procedures are in place for disposals and acquisitions, ensuring that developer held void properties are full compliant and recorded on the organisations housing management system
- Work in collaboration with the Asset and Contracts Delivery Manager to manage and maintain up-to-date stock condition data and to develop annual planned delivery programmes and future year programmes
- Use procurement as a method of driving better services at best cost with the maximum social value measures
- Ensure effective delivery of the required programme of works to underpin the Asset Management Strategy
The successful applicant will have a degree or equivalent in Asset Management/Building Surveying/Construction or similar and will have professional membership of RICS / CIOB or other similar body. They will have a wealth of experience in Asset Management in a strategic role and will be able to provide expert advice, counsel and recommendations on asset management, valuation, acquisition and disposal to influence organisational decisions and initiatives.
An in-depth knowledge and proven experience of public procurement, including an excellent working knowledge of the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 is essential for this role. The successful candidate will also have an in-depth knowledge and proven experience of managing multi-discipline procurement in a corporate environment, presenting to Boards and Committees, successfully managing contracts and experience of budgetary control and delivering value for money and business improvements.
They will have full knowledge and proven experience of Contract Management, Contract Law, Administration and of resolving contract disputes. A proven track record in delivering successful regeneration projects and programmes is also essential for this role.
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West. As a social enterprise, we are a ‘profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
In April 2019 we announced that we will be joining the L&Q Group within the coming months, in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the NW. This represents ambitious growth and a huge vote of confidence in THT’s team and track record.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include;
- Excellent training and development opportunities,
- Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service
- Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
If you wish to apply for this role, please send a current CV and covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role to: email@example.com
The closing date for this role is 9th August 2019