Sustainability and Environmental Manager
Vacancy: Sustainability and Environmental Manager
Salary: £40,429 - £43,334
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
Vacancy has arisen within the Property Services Team for a Sustainability and Environmental Manager, reporting to the Head of Property Services.
The main duties of the role are to:
- Develop, update and monitor delivery of the Trust’s Environmental Strategy/Policy.
- Act as sustainability champion, leading the Trust’s drive to improve its sustainability performance across all its activities; driving a cultural and behavioural change through the organisation.
- Establish a suite of KPI`s and reports to evidence performance and progress.
- Implement and maintain the Environmental Management system in line with our ISO14001 recommendations.
- Investigate and recommend solutions to enable the Trust to achieve carbon reduction targets as set out by the Mayor of Manchester.
- Promote and support compliance with all environmental regulations; developing policies and programmes to ensure awareness of government legislation and regulatory issues that affect the organisation.
- Monitor the changing price of energy supplies and assess the impact of changes on the business.
- Monitor energy usage across the organisation to include analysing data on the efficiency of systems. To provide reports on energy usage as and when required
- Create training guides for staff and managers regarding energy management and ways to reduce consumption.
- Deliver 1:1 and group training workshops
A recognised Professional qualification at degree or equivalent level is essential for this role, as is and environmental qualification (for example IEMA Certificate). In addition to this the successful candidate will have a high level of demonstrable technical expertise in both Contract and Asset Management.
The successful candidate will have a wealth of experience working in corporate responsibility and/or sustainability & environment. Strong environmental experience, including waste management and responsible sourcing, is desirable, while it is essential that candidates have experience of developing and implementing sustainability compliance within organisational and departmental strategy.
Experience of successfully implementing management systems (such as ISO14001) is also an essential requirement for this role.
Trafford Housing Trust (THT) is an independent housing company providing more than 9,000 quality affordable homes within the Trafford area of Manchester and across the North West. As a social enterprise, we are a ‘profit-for-purpose’ organisation, striving for a society transformed, free from poverty, inequality and injustice.
In April 2019 we announced that we will be joining the L&Q Group within the coming months, in an exciting deal that will see us build 20,000 new homes across the NW. This represents ambitious growth and a huge vote of confidence in THT’s team and track record.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include;
- Excellent training and development opportunities,
- Access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme
- Annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service
- Free Trafford Leisure Gym Membership
- Access to Westfield Health Plan
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role and a current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for this role is 9th August 2019.