Construction, Design and Quality Manager
Our client is a well established housing association with plans to develop 10,000 new homes. They operate in 165 local authority areas across England and are looking for a Construction, Design & Quality manager to lead a team of five people within the new build development team to provide technical leadership on new developments in and around London. The post holder and their team of five staff will be involved in projects from inception through to the end of defects period.
Experience of operating in a similar role will be essential, either working for a housing association or within the private sector. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a team driven to deliver a significant number of homes to the highest possible standards.
Our client develops homes of many tenures incusing affordable homes, shared ownership, outright sale and sheltered accommodation.
The role involves:
• Leading a team to ensure high standards of on-site technical expertise.
• Providing clear, expert assurance around technical quality and building safety.
• Providing expertise on design, specification, Health and Safety, and legal contracts.
• Ensuring design and specification standards are met to minimise any defects.
• Appointing and managing consultants, contractors and developers.
• Advising on new, innovative approaches to procurement, design and construction.
• Controlling budgets.
• Experience of leading and motivating teams.
• Proven experience of working in development and meeting targets.
• Excellent knowledge of construction process and standards, regulations and legislation.
• Outstanding communication and decision making skills.
• Proven influencing and negotiation skills. • Ability to manage complex budgets.
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and/or relevant technical postgraduate qualification e.g. CIOB, RICS, RIBA or equivalent.
In return you will receive:
• 25 days holiday & bank holidays
• Amazing career development opportunities
• Access to Private Health scheme
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Access to Employee assistance programme and range of employee benefits
• Cycle to Work scheme
To apply for the role please email your CV to Ocean Edge Executive Search before 3 August 2019.
If you would like a confidential discussion about the opportunity or you have any questions about the role please call Claire Goodall on 023 8000 1153.
Ocean Edge specialise in recruiting to the housing sector. If you are thinking about your future career options please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
To receive regular job opportunities directly please sign up to the Ocean Edge Job Alert.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Project management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Technical services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Construction Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)