Lead Youth Development Co-ordinator
The purpose of this role is to design, develop and manage a range of youth programmes across London as part of Peabody Young People Services, and to support the wider work of the Communities Directorate in line with department strategies, KPIs and action plans.
Underpinning everything we do are our objectives of:
- Young people developing life skills and employability capacity
- Young people progressing into and sustaining employment (and positive life opportunities)
- Young people satisfied with services
Young People Services are delivering the following programmes that the LYDC will have the opportunity to get involved in:
- We will spend £500,000 over the next three years on reducing violence affecting young people – youth led projects and hyper local responses will be central to our response
- We are conducting social media led research – young people will be conversing with high profile politicians and leaders around violence affecting young people and sharing the outputs on podcasts.
- We are delivering a high quality Careers Academy programme , including workplace visits and workshops delivered by high profile employers, including investment banks and global tech firms
This is an 18 month fixed term contract.