Bank Youth Support Worker
At Origin, we are here to provide housing in London and Hertfordshire that people can afford. We want to grow our 6,500 homes and provide more care and support services that make a difference to people’s lives. With a turnover of £56m, we work with our residents, customers and partners to make sure our services, people, communities and homes are the best they can possibly be.
The Care and Support team are looking for flexible, efficient people who can be sympathetic to people’s needs. You will have excellent listening and communication skills, be enthusiastic and resourceful and will be willing to learn and develop good practice, working as part of a team when covering for full time staff to deliver high quality support services. You will at times liaise with internal and external agencies and advocate on behalf of the service users where required. In addition you will work with service users to improve their situation so they can live as independent a life as possible. You will work with and manage service users individual support plans while keeping clear and up-to-date records to required standards.
The Key Responsibilities:
- Dealing with issues facing people with mental health issues
- Work with young people with complex needs including mental ill-health and challenging behavior
- work on own initiative and provide guidance on complex issues to staff
- Supervise staff and enable them develop to their full potential
The Ideal Candidate for the role:
- Experience of liaising with social services, health agencies and voluntary organizations
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- A good standard of written, verbal and numeric skills as well as good basic IT skills.
How to apply
Please send us your latest CV and covering letter in one combined document that show us how your experience meets your role profile. To find out more about us please visit www.originhousing.org.uk.
This role needs satisfactory references and DBS check.
As we usually receive a lot of applications we won’t be able to give individual feedback. If you are successful we will get in touch within seven days after the closing date.
A competitive salary and a wide range of benefits, including generous annual leave, flexible working, cycle to work scheme, a contributory pension and discounted health scheme.
Origin is committed to equality and diversity and values of the communities we work in. We aim to have a workforce that reflects this and encourage applications from all areas of the community.
Closing date: 30 July 2019
Interview and assessment date: 15 August 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Care and support Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Social Care Officer £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)