Senior Housing Management Coordinator
We are bpha. Amongst the other amazing things we do, we are a dynamic and ambitious Housing Association based in Bedford, operating throughout the Oxford to Cambridge growth arc. We have in excess of 18,500 homes and employ over 400 staff. Our Retirement Living is sheltered, rented accommodation specially designed to help people over the age of 55 live independently.
Residents are able to enjoy homes that are self-contained with their own secure front doors for peace of mind, and can maintain their independence whilst living in the surrounding of a friendly and close-knit community. Residents have the use of various communal facilities allowing them to interact and socialise.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join one of our retirement living schemes in Trowbridge. As a Senior Housing Coordinator, you will oversee the day to day running of the scheme, providing assistance and support in order to deliver efficiently managed housing.
You will be responsible for ensuring that tenancies are managed appropriately, making referrals and signposting for support as necessary. You will also work to reduce debt owed in rent and service charges; manage cases of antisocial behaviour and manage any breaches of tenancy or lease agreements that may arise, taking action as appropriate.
You will also be responsible for line managing catering and repairs staff onsite at the scheme.
You will thrive in this role if:
- You have a good understanding of the needs of older people
- You have the ability to deal with customers in a professional and efficient manner
- You are an approachable person who is responsive to requests for help
- You can remain calm under pressure.
- You have experience of supporting people to remain independent (desirable)
Amongst what we offer in return is:
● 28 days holiday (PLUS Bank Holidays!)
● Contributory pension scheme
● Private health care
● Opportunities for development and professional training
● Discounted gym membership
● Retail discount scheme
If you are self-motivated, confident to work alone and able to coordinate a busy workload, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: Monday 26th August
Telephone interviews: Monday 9th September
First interviews: Wednesday 11th September