Sanctuary Scotland manages rented and shared ownership homes across the country, including Glasgow, Cumbernauld and Dundee. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Fleming House – Cumbernauld
£37,444 per annum (rising to £39,415 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We are looking for a proactive Area Housing Manager to join our large housing team of Area Managers, Housing Officers and Scheme Managers. As a team, we manage a mixed portfolio of properties for all client groups and deal with tenancy breaches. Our values are based on integrity, quality, sustainability, ambition and diversity and we are looking for candidates who share these traits. The role of Area Manager is a challenging yet exciting opportunity to work closely with your immediate team as well as working with our tenants to manage risks, queries and tenancy breaches. Your ability to communicate assertively with people on all levels, inspire staff and manage conflicting priorities is pertinent in meeting the demands of this role.
The role of Area Manager will include:
- Assisting the team in managing workload e.g. complex queries and risks, in order to meet deadlines
- Ensuring the effective management of all ASB (anti social behaviour) cases in line with the policies and procedures
- Managing all complaints for the service area, focusing on first contact resolution and identifying areas for improvement
- Line management duties to include effective recruitment, motivation and performance management
- Attending internal and external stakeholder meetings to support the business needs and ensure out views and opinions are heard
Skills and experiences:
- Strong knowledge of relevant housing legislation/law or qualified at an equivalent level is essential
- Experience of working in housing management, preferably with some staff management experience
- Proven experience of working within a high demand customer focused environment, ideally dealing with the public
- Ability to prioritise workloads, achieve deadlines and solve complex problems
- A transformational leadership approach with a track recording of motivating and inspiring staff
- Excellent, interpersonal negotiation and presentation skills
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 14 August 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity.
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A standard Disclosure Scotland check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Scotland Housing Association Limited, a charity registered in Scotland No. SC024549, is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.