Payroll and Pensions Officer
bpha is a Housing Association located in the Oxford to Cambridge corridor, which is committed to providing its customers with high quality, value for money services whilst continuing to develop energy efficient, sustainable and affordable housing.
We are currently looking for Payroll and Pensions Officer to join our team. The main purpose of this role is to prepare and manage the payroll and pensions service for bpha, ensuring that payroll payments are dealt with in an accurate and timely manner. We intend to replace our Payroll system in the next 12-18 months and the Payroll and Pensions Officer will play a leading role in its implementation. Therefore, experience in the implementation of a new or replacement payroll system is desirable but not a must.
What you will be doing:
- Running a monthly payroll for around 450 members of staff
- Ensuring that accurate pension deductions are made and that monthly and year-end returns are reconciled
- Preparing and submitting year-end requirements to HM Revenue and Customs
- Continually reviewing all aspects of the service to identify improvements
We’d love to meet someone with:
- Experience from within housing or local authority (desirable)
- A recognised payroll qualification (desirable as we will consider those qualified by experience)
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of statutory payments and deductions including SSP, SMP, Tax, NI etc
- Experience of using a computerised payroll system
- Excellent attention to detail and organisation skills
- Experience of successfully leading and managing teams in dynamic business environments (desirable)
Amongst what we offer you is:
- Annual salary of circa £35,000
- 28 days holiday PLUS Bank Holidays!
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health care
- Opportunities for development and professional training
- Discounted gym membership
- Retail discount scheme
The successful candidate will need to complete a basic DBS application.
We reserve the right to close this recruitment if it is deemed that we have received a suitable number of applications. On this basis we would advise that applications are submitted as soon as possible.
Closing date - Wednesday 14th August 2019.