Housing Support Worker
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to be part of a neighbourhood management team in Leicester, delivering Housing Services on behalf of two housing cooperatives within a predominantly Gujarati speaking community.
The successful candidate
The successful candidate will provide administrative support to the committee of management and local neighbourhood team.
A Housing Support Worker is about making sure that day-to-day office tasks are completed within timescales, keeping things in order and undertaking clerical and secretarial duties as and when required by the management committee members. In addition, the Support Worker must inspect all repairs jobs that are valued at under £1,000 to ensure they have been completed as requested by tenant members, ensuring tenants are satisfied with the work, and completion time.
The successful Housing Support Worker should have a good standard of reading, writing and speaking both English and Gujarati, strong organisational and communication skills and a high degree of attention to detail. You will be an energetic and flexible individual who will provide efficient and professional support to tenant members and the co-operative committee Chairperson and committee members under the supervision of the Pinnacle’s Contract Manager.
As the Co-operatives committee members are volunteers, they meet regularly and sometimes in the evening and weekends, and therefore occasional evening / weekend work will be required to service the Co-operatives committee meetings which will include minute taking, typing, ensuring it is translated to suit the committee membership and posting to all committee members once approved.
- Carry out property inspections, reporting any issues to the Surveyor
- Providing statistical information to the committee of management as and when requested via the Pinnacle Contract Manager
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Organising committee meetings and Annual General Meetings
- Writing letters and emails on behalf of the Co-operative committee.
- Processing expenses sheets and invoices.
- Organising and attending annual social and public events, which may take place in the evening or weekends.
- Covering the office reception duties when required.
- Maintaining computer and manual filing systems.
- Provide information to Co-operative Committee member or external enquirers.
- Handling sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Taking accurate minutes of meetings in both English and Gujarati, and once signed off to file and keep accurate records
- Coordinating office procedures.
- Dealing with email, telephone or face to face enquiries.
- Develop and update administrative systems to make them more efficient.
- Receiving, sorting and distributing the post.
- Answering telephone calls and dealing with enquiries as appropriate.
- Managing appointments.
- Greeting and assisting co-operative committee members.
- Photocopying and printing out documents
- Translating documents from English to Gujarati and vice versa
Key skills required
- Be able to formulate reports for a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of office administration procedures.
- Managing multiple and changing priorities at once.
- Diary Management
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Good typing and keyboard skills.
- Managing administrative processes.
- A high level of speaking, reading and writing both English and Gujarati.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Desirable – to have knowledge of property maintenance and repairs
The personal skills required
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good telephone answering skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- High level of discretion and judgment.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on occasions
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Leicester
- Anti-social behaviour Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Leicester
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Leicester
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Leicester
- Tenant services Assistant / coordinator £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Leicester