Waking Night Project Worker - Litslade Farm
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire,Buckinghamshire and Berkshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have a full time (35 hours per week) vacancy for a Waking Night Project Workerat our registered care home, Litslade Farm, in Newton Longville.
Litslade Farm is set in a rural village near Bletchley and is within easy reach of central Milton Keynes. Litslade Farm supports 5 people that have severe learning disabilities and also have a range of complex needs and behaviours that may challenge others.
If you have a sense of humour and a fun caring nature and are an enthusiastic individual who enjoys helping others and making a difference then apply for this interesting rewarding career opportunity.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Waking Night Project Worker will be to ensure the safety and well-being of each client, responding appropriately to support needs, illness and/or emergencies. You will follow agreed support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximizes their independence.
If you have previously worked in a care setting or health and social care field and have experience of providing support to vulnerable people then this role could be perfect for you. We are looking for passionate people who are driven by the desire to make a difference and create a person-centered environment.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognize the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You will need to be able to work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday working. You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities.
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £19,311 pa for a 35 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Closing date: Tuesday 10th September 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Care and support Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Housing / neighbourhood management Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Social Care Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Supported / sheltered housing Assistant / coordinator £10,000 - £19,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes