Care Assistant - Haslewood Avenue
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours a week) Care Assistant at our Registered Care Home in Hoddesdon. Haslewood Avenue is a care home for eight people with learning disabilities, some of whom have physical disabilities and challenging behaviours.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Care Assistant is to provide support and independence and encourage residents to experience the same opportunities which are available to all members of society.
It is essential that you are able to work to a rota.
You do not need sector experience as we provide a structured induction and comprehensive training to support you with your role and you will have the opportunity to gain an accredited vocational qualification.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system which will include weekend and bank holiday
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- 45 pence per mile mileage for the first 5,000 miles
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Fully paid DBS
- Monthly attendance bonus
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £82 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Care Assistant, please complete an online application form.
Care Assistant Job Description is attached below.
Closing date: Sunday 1st September 2019
Interviews: Monday 9th September 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.