Assistant Support Worker - Napier Close
About the Role
We currently have the following vacancies available:
- One part time (30 hours a week)
- Two full time (37.5 hours a week)
This position is at our service Napier Close in Hitchin for dedicated care and support workers looking for a rewarding and varied role working in our learning disability service.
Working as part of a team, you will provide appropriate, personalised support to service users who are living in their own homes or in a supported housing setting to enable them to develop and maximise their independence.
Napier Close is a purpose built block of 15 supported living; self-contained 1 bedroom flats providing people with learning disabilities with 24-hour support. There is an office with a communal lounge and kitchen, which is used for games nights, take-away evenings and other shared leisure activities.
Napier Close is very focused on meaningful service user involvement and enabling service users to live independent lives with the support of a network of staff, family and their friends at Napier Close.
Previous experience is not essential. However, you will need to:
- Demonstrate a genuine care for others
- Have excellent communication skills and have a positive attitude
- Demonstrate a person centred approach and an understanding of confidentiality
- Be able to use your own initiative and carry out practical tasks as and when required
We offer a wide range of training courses and the opportunity for career development so this will be a perfect opportunity for those who are looking to either start a new career or are seeking to progress in the health and social care sector.
It is essential that you have a driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £8.76ph and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Fully paid DBS
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
Closing date: Wednesday 28th August 2019
Interview dates: TBC
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Assistant Support Worker please complete our online application form
Please see below for a copy of the Assistant Support Worker job description.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.