Business Development Manager
Job title: Business Development Manager
Location: Andover & Welwyn Garden City
Business area: Mears New Homes
Salary: £60,000 + Car Allowance
Mears being voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work for in 2019 is just one of the many reasons people want to work for us & here are just a few more:
- 25 Days Annual leave plus bank holidays
- Extensive training & development opportunities
- Annual Family Fun Day for you & your family
- Pension and Life assurance
- Mears Rewards – With hundreds of savings at popular retailers you could save up to £1,000 a year with the variety of offers at top brands from Tesco to Thomas Cook there really is a saving for everyone that can make your money go further.
- Mears Assist – Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Paid time away from work to take part in social value activities in the local community
Who are we?
Today Mears is one of the UK’s leading service providers to both the public and private sector with over 12,000 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund their placemaking ambitions.
Mears Group’s vision is to make a positive difference to the people we serve by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives. We do this by developing outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community. We are looking for people who can help us deliver on our values, fulfil our future ambitions and their own.
Mears New Homes is currently searching for a Business Development Manager to support its existing business development strategies for new business in both contracts and developments. You will maintain and enhance existing relationships with clients and other third parties as well as establishing new relationships to ensure continued business success.
We are looking for someone to come in and hit the ground running, you will already have a really strong network of contacts within Housing Associations & Local Authorities, with excellent research skills always aware of potential new leads.
- You will develop and maintain a detailed understanding of the businesses requirements and capabilities so that these can be shared and discussed in detail with confidence
- Be familiar with the businesses site base and specification standards
- Provide relationship management to existing client base and to establish new clients through face to face discussions
- Research clients individual key drivers, including pipeline, areas of priority, key personnel (and preferences)
- Support Bid Management Team in terms of forward outlook for upcoming opportunity
- Intelligence gathering prior to, during and following the Bid process and research competitors, consultants, suppliers
- Support Land Team in terms of relationship management, market research as required
- Provide reports and presentations on business development activity
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- A building or sales related qualification at HNC or diploma level or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working for a medium to large new build contractor, developer or registered provider in the private sector
- IT Proficient in Word, Excel, Publisher & Powerpoint
- An inquisitive & driven personality with the ability to obtain information from a wide variety of sources
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Prepared to attend events, such as networking opportunities outside of normal working hours
- Excellent relationship building and networking skills with a strong network of contacts within Housing Associations and Local Authorities
- Valid full UK/ EU driving licence
- Relevant degree or professional qualification
Apply and take the first step on your journey with us today!