Head of Communications
Sanctuary Group is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and community services. With around 13,000 employees, we maintain a culture where diversity is valued and talent is nurtured and rewarded.
Head of Communications
Worcester (mainly, but we’re open to conversations about location)
£65,752 per annum (rising to £69,213 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) plus Company car or car buyout
35 hours per week (flexible working considered)
Why work for us?
Sanctuary is one of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services – you might know us as a housing association but we are also much more than that.
We employ more than 13,000 people and manage over 100,000 homes throughout England and Scotland, including social housing, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. We also provide a range of other services including maintenance, care for older people and telecare.
We are on a communications journey: we want to listen more to our residents and stakeholders, we want to tell the world our story and we want you to be part of it.
Sanctuary is at an exciting stage; modernising and innovating in all areas of our work, and our door is open to people with fresh ideas, a positive, can-do attitude who can get things done.
If you are passionate about social housing and care for older people being a force for good and want to do the most rewarding work of your career, join us.
As Head of Communications you will:
- Lead a talented and highly motivated team
- Deliver strategic and engaging public relations, communications and social media
- Write crisp, clean copy that tells our story and excites our audiences
- Listen to, interact with and engage residents using human and authentic content
Skills and experiences:
- Brilliant writing skills; able to write for a range of audiences at pace and translate complex issues
- Significant experience of leading people
- Chartered or accredited CIPR practitioner with a commitment to continuous professional development
- Experience in a similar role would be beneficial, as would experience of the social housing sector
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 28 August 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.