Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Brighton Office – Covering Sussex and Kent areas
£34,539 per annum (rising to £36,357 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week – Monday to Friday and call out rota 1 in 4 weeks
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repair and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
This is a great opportunity for a domestic A.C.S qualified Gas Engineer to join our expanding Gas team, part of our Internal Maintenance Service, to cover the Brighton and south east surrounding areas. You will be part of a team who provide an effective Gas Operations service to meet contract and customer needs including servicing, maintenance, installation and commissioning.
The role of Gas Engineer will include:
- Undertaking allocated repairs, modernisation and other associated works within agreed timescales
- Responsible for the installation and commissioning of; gas central heating systems, open vented & room sealed, in addition to Unvented Hot Water Systems
- Utilising analytical and trade skills to diagnose faults and deliver effective solutions to customers
- Working within our tenants’ properties across the region
Skills and experience:
- It is essential that you are technically competent and will possess a City & Guilds / NVQ / QCF Level 3 qualification (or equivalent in Natural Gas) together with relevant recent experience of working in a similar position
- Knowledge of current gas regulations, together with experience of working to strict deadlines is essential
- Proven experience of analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- An unvented hot water, 'Part P' electrical and Oftec qualifications would also be advantageous
- This role will involve the driving of a company vehicle and for insurance purposes in order to be considered to drive a company vehicle, drivers must have held a full UK driving licence for a minimum of 12 months.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including: a pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits, at least 24 days paid holiday (plus public holidays), health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme, a variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers, tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme and a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Maintenance.Recruitment@santuary-housing.co.uk
Closing Date: 12 September 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.