Senior Compliance Officer (M&E)
Riverside have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Compliance Officer working full-time, on a 12 month fixed term contract. This role will based at our Walton Road office, Liverpool.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 27th August.
What will you do?
You will monitor the delivery of the Mechanical and Electrical Systems function including the management of relevant contracts, ensuring full compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including the implementation of an effective risk management approach to compliance within the Group.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Senior Compliance Officer:
• Support the Compliance Manager in the development, implementation and review of the Compliance Management model and Mechanical and Electrical Systems policies, procedures and guidance on behalf of the Group, including the provision of training for colleagues, taking into account up to date legislation, amendments to codes of practice, health and safety requirements and industry best practice, proactively adopting new and innovative ideas and solutions to ensure continuous improvement of the service.
• Support the Compliance manager in their role as the Group’s lead advisor for Mechanical and Electrical Systems, providing advice and expertise across all services for the lifecycle of buildings including acquisition, design and build, occupation, refurbishment, demolition and disposal, providing technical, procedural, specification and compliance guidance as required.
• Effectively monitor and report on Mechanical and Electrical Systems compliance contracts,, implementing the appropriate performance framework for each contract including service level agreements and key performance indicators, leading performance review meetings and dealing with under-performance including escalation of issues as appropriate.
• Ensure the integrity and quality of data retained in relation to relevant contracts, to ensure compliance with procurement protocols and to enable cyclical and ad hoc analysis to be carried out and relevant reporting as required.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You have an in depth knowledge of Mechanical and Electrical Systems within Social Housing, including government and industry guidance. Essentially you have a proven track record of managing and delivering effective servicing and maintenance contracts to a large and diverse portfolio of mix tenure properties. Previous experience of managing budgets in line with agreed financial protocols and working with asset data and monitoring performance through compliance databases is also paramount.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
• Eye tests, glasses and lenses
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Opt-in to Medicash employee-funded benefit
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered by leaders and fairly treated, knowing that your voice is truly heard. Being people-focused, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Senior Compliance Manager, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.