Registered Retirement Living Manager
Registered Retirement Living Manager
Poplar House, Basildon
£35,291 per annum (rising to £37,146 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week
We are seeking an influential registered manager to lead our team and manage the delivery of care within our retirement living scheme, Poplar House. With previous experience in a registered setting, you will be responsible for promoting the well being of all service users together with ensuring care plans and all compliance monitoring requirements are met.
Set in a quiet, residential area of Basildon, Poplar House provides apartments and communal facilities for over 55s and currently delivers 22 care packages. There is also an onsite restaurant which is open 7 days a week.
The role of Registered Retirement Living Manager will include:
- Ensuring resident care plans are met and the scheme is at a safe ratio for residents
- Fostering and further developing current relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing staff absence and monitoring staff performance
- Ensuring that Poplar House complies with all relevant legislation and registration requirements, including preparing for planned inspections
- Supporting the business to maximise income by providing a range of appropriate services within the scheme and the immediate community to ensure the on-going development and growth
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience running a registered care service
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and good practice principles
- Proven ability in budget preparation and cost control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively line manage a team of staff
- Good organisation and administrative skills
Why work for Sanctuary Retirement Living?
Sanctuary Retirement Living services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active and independent lifestyles in their later years.
Ready to join Sanctuary Retirement Living?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Retirement Living a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years (plus public holidays)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work Scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 22 August 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Retirement Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Basildon
- Social Care Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Basildon
- Supported / sheltered housing Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Basildon
- Executive & Senior Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Basildon
- Senior management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Basildon