Operations Manager - Grove Garden Flats/Studios & Spring Gardens
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced and confident Operations Manager to manage our supported living services, Grove Garden Flats & Studios and Spring Gardens, in High Wycombe.
We have a wide range of supported living services across a diverse range of client groups. Primary needs include learning disabilities (including Autistic Spectrum Disorders), mental health, homelessness and young people. Our aim is to support our service users to develop independent living skills and achieve their personal aspirations.
Your role as an Operations Manager is to be responsible for overseeing the day to day operational management of your designated patch. You will lead staff teams in ensuring that a personalised, cost effective and high quality services is provided at all times. You will proactively deal with staff management issues and ensure that risks are appropriately managed.
You will have experience in managing supported living services, outstanding communication skills and will have the ability to motivate, inspire and manage staff to achieve consistently high levels of performance, respond positively to changing needs and achieve continuous service improvements.
As an Operations Manager, you will be part of the Management Team and will deputise on behalf of the Care & Supported Housing Contract Manager, as well as participate on the duty management on-call rota.
You will be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality person centred support services, achieve tangible outcomes and provide move on options to clients. You will have experience of working in the sector, delivery of support services to vulnerable people and will have experience of managing staff and a track record of promoting inter-agency work with colleagues and external agencies.
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who are able to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable people and a commitment to equality and diversity.
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle to undertake the role.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
Closing date: Monday 2nd September 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 11th September 2019
To apply please visit our website and complete our online application form.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Care and support Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Social Care Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe
- Supported / sheltered housing Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in High Wycombe