Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Chignal House, Rayleigh, Essex
£21,197 per annum (rising to £22,313 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday – 8.30am – 4.30pm Manager to confirm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scheme Manager to join our well established Housing for Older People team in Rochford. Although primarily based at Chignal House in Rayleigh, you will also be required to provide cover at a couple of schemes in Wakering for two days bi-weekly. You will be part of a team, primarily working independently, with a focus on making a real difference to the lives of our residents. You will be responsible for providing support to maintain residents’ wellbeing and independence together with delivering a quality housing management service. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding. If you are highly motivated, compassionate and enjoy working with people, this could be the role for you.
The role of Scheme Manager will include:
- Promoting resident involvement and providing information on local community services and agencies to promote well being and independence
- Assisting residents with queries regarding welfare benefits and rent accounts
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders, service providers including contractors, residents and external agencies
- Undertaking compliance checks, risk assessments and scheme inspections and ensuring faults are reported and monitored
- Attending meetings with the residents and offering high quality customer service by resolving queries and complaints
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working within a sheltered scheme in a support capacity is essential
- Knowledge of welfare benefits and rent accounts
- NVQ 3 in relevant area (or equivalent) (e.g. Housing / Health and Social Care) would be desirable
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), or similar
- Occasional travel may be required, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 25 August 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.