Support Worker - St Barnabas
About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a dedicated Support Worker at our Supported Living Service in Hemel Hempstead who are looking for a rewarding and varied role working within our Learning Disability supported housing services.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as a Support Worker is to:
- Support and assist the manager to provide a quality service and to promote high standards of practice
- Provide leadership, direct line management and support to a number of staff who provide frontline support delivery to service users, whilst covering shifts on a rota basis
- This may involve promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning
We are looking for passionate people with a `can-do` attitude and sector experience, driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to people`s needs.
You must be able to:
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Respond appropriately in a crisis and supervise and support staff effectively
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities
All applicants must hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Closing date: Friday 30th August 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare ofchildren, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.