Data Protection Officer
Riverside have an excellent opportunity for a results driven and highly experienced Data Protection Officer working full-time, on a permanent basis. This role is flexible on location and also working pattern.
What will you do?
You will be the strategic lead and subject matter expert on data protection, information and privacy, proactively supporting the businesses to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Data Protection Act 2108 (DPA 2018), Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (FOISA 2002), Environmental Information Regulations 2004, Privacy & Electronic Communication Regulations 2003 and associated legislation.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Data Protection Officer:
• Act as point of contact with ICO.
• Support, challenge and keep the Group safe with respect to data protection and information matters.
• Ensure that the Group’s approach to Data Protection, FoI and other relevant legislation is supported by wider information governance strategy and activity within the Group.
• Provide practical legal and technical knowledge, advice and expertise, in the areas of privacy, information and data protection to the Group.
• Inform and advise the Group of all relevant statutory obligations, including identifying gaps in compliance and remedying them.
• Maintain the register of processing activity and record of accountability as required by GDPR.
• Administer the data breach process for the Group. Assess all data breaches and report relevant breaches to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) within 72 hours. Ensure out of hours procedures are in place to achieve the statutory reporting deadline.
• Investigate, recommend actions and implement measures in relation to data breaches.
• Oversee the administration of GDPR rights requests processes.
• Prepare subject access request information for disclosure to maintain compliance.
• Review contract clauses for data processors.
• Provide advice as regards to data protection impact assessments and monitor performance.
• Oversee a training programme for the Group to ensure appropriate training is undertaken.
For a deeper understanding of your responsibilities, take a look at the job description linked below.
Does this describe you?
You are an expert in data protection law and practices and have an excellent understanding and awareness of broader information governance obligations including Records Management, Freedom of Information and Information Security. Essentially, you have experience of working within a data protection compliance environment in a complex organisational structure and proven ability to take ownership of tasks, show initiative and propose solutions to complex issues identified.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
• Group Life cover employee-funded benefit (3x annual salary in the event of a death in service)
• Flexible working (location and working pattern)
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Opt-in to Medicash employee-funded benefit
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Data Protection Officer, we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Government and compliance Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Legal Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Policy / Strategy Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Liverpool
- Other Housing jobs Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent in Liverpool