Housing First Co-Ordinator
Housing First Co-Ordinator - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract - 37.5 & 22.5 hours per week
About the role
The Housing First Co-ordinator is a new position for a brand new service being set up in St Albans and Dacorum. You would be responsible for co-ordinating and delivering a flexible outreach service providing a personalised support service to people with complex needs in line with the Housing First principles. You would be part of a team creating long term sustainable tenancies to help the most vulnerable people off the streets of Hemel Hempstead/Dacorum and St Albans.
You`ll be driven by the desire to make a difference and have the ability to understand the complex needs associated with those who have been street homeless for a considerate period of time.
Desired qualities will include:
- Experience of providing intensive case management and wrap-around support and advocacy to service users.
- Experience of project management and/or monitoring referrals to community services and external partner agencies.
- Acting calmly and responding professionally in stressful and difficult situations.
You must be a car driver and have access to a vehicle to undertake the role. This post will require occasional evening and weekend work to support the service provided.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Salary up to £27,804 pa
- Workplace pension scheme
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Monthly sickness bonus after satisfactory completion of probationary review
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Employee assistance helpline
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 300 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Please see below for a copy of the Housing First Co-Ordinator job description.
Closing date: Sunday 25th August 2019
Interview date: Friday 6th September 2019
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice, however all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and are therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.