Care Housing Association (Care) is a modest but reputable Registered Provider operating predominantly in the North West of England. We provide high quality homes for people with support needs, and provide choice, quality, sustainability and promote independence for our tenants. Although small, we have a significant role to play in meeting the housing needs of our tenant group.
Due to the impending retirement of two of our long-standing Board Members who are currently Chair and Vice-Chair of the Board, we are looking for Board members who share our values, have experience of governance (preferably in the housing or charitable sectors), and can play an influential role in helping Care grow in a sustainable and ethical way. In particular, we want to hear from applicants with the following skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Legal, particularly in property
- Financial, preferably in social housing
- Social housing management
- Governance in the charity sector
We are recruiting to 3 positions, one of which we hope will become Chair of our organisation. These are unpaid positions, though reasonable expenses can be claimed.
The role will require the following:
- Attendance at quarterly Board meeting and additional ad-hoc meetings as required
- Involvement with a sub-committee of the Board (development or policy)
- Positive representation of Care to external bodies
- Regular dialogue with the Chief Executive (this relates to the position of Chair).
If you wish to apply, please:
- Send your CV to email@example.com
- Explain, in no more than 2 sides of A4, how why you are suitable for the post. Please refer to the Board Recruitment pack and look at our website (www.careha.org.uk) for information which may help you. Please email this document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for applications – Friday 27th September 2019
- Interviews to take place w/c 7th October 2019
- Appointments made w/c 21st October 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Finance Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Homes and Asset Management Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Residential Development & Construction Board member Board Member - Expenses Permanent jobs in United Kingdom