Housing Advice Worker
Housing Advice Worker - Open Door
Part Time - 20 hours - £13,332
Fixed Term - 12 months contract
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated Housing Advice Worker to manage the drop in Service and provide specialist move on and housing advice to homeless people. You would act as a Housing Options champion, identifying new housing and move on opportunities for our service users and build strong links with other housing providers including the private sector.
You`ll be driven by the desire to make a difference and have previous experience of working in a housing advice environment, providing advice and information and previous experience of working with homeless people with complex needs or mental health issues.
This post will require working Monday to Friday - every afternoon, 4 hours per day either 12.30pm to 4.30pm or 1.30pm to 5.30pm.
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- Salary - £13,332 (FTE equivalent is £24,999)
- Workplace pension scheme
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Monthly sickness bonus after satisfactory completion of probationary review
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Employee assistance helpline
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Berkshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply below.
Please see below for a copy of the Housing Advice job description.
Closing date: Friday 6th September 2019
Interview date: Friday 20th September 2019
Please note that suitable candidates will be invited to interview throughout the application window and therefore the vacancy may close at short notice, however all candidates will be advised of the outcome of their application and are therefore interested candidates are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience.
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.